Sunday, January 25, 2009

Short 360 Reviews

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes, especially on Halo 3)

Halo 3
Yea, I got this with my 360. Why? Because it’s Halo and apparently Halo is fantastic. Yea, so is it? Eh, it depends really. Single player can be summed up as ’Get somewhere and on the way, shoot things and there we go‘. Maybe it’s ‘cause I haven’t played the other halo games and this doesn’t explain anything. I suppose this is a game for the fans, I’m unsure myself. Multiplayer is the basic and usual affair ‘get the most kills’, ‘Capture the flag’ and all that. Even so it’s Online fun and addictive. Note I say ‘Online’, Well what if you don’t have online? Apart from the single player you get the multiplayer modes and can play with friends. My only problem here (and it’s kind of a problem with this Generation on a whole) Is that you can’t play these modes against the computer/bots. This is slightly annoying especially if you don’t have online play which you most likely won’t have straight away when you get your 360.
Anyway….
My Game Ratting: 6.5 or 7 out of 10


Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Eh, mostly the same as Halo but this is still a great game. Instead of being another crap war game based in WWII, Call Of Duty 4 is set in ‘Modern’ times (Hence the title ‘Modern Warfare’). The story is presented in the loading screens with some pictures and voices. It’s not perfect but for a war/shooting game it does the job. Many levels are memorable and are fantastically presented. For me, the most memorable levels are the two sniping levels. While there is only two of them, the quality is great. The difficulty? Depends of the mode so you should get through it even if you’re not much of a gamer. Multiplayer is basically the same as Halo 3 but more realistic. Lastly the length of the game…It’s quite short and leaves you wanting more, there are three chapters each with about 6 or 7 levels. The achievement system on Xbox gives you a reason to play through the game on the hardest mode though, which adds length
My Game Rating: 8.5 out of 10

Tomb Raider Legend
I got this pre-owned for £8. It’s pretty good, but has a few flaws in the camera. This is also the type of game that has the ‘You do it this way or you don’t do it at all’ rule which can be a pain if you’re trying to climb a rope a metre or so in the are but can’t grab it ‘cause you were supposed to be in the ledge above. There are only seven or eight levels but they can take over an hour each. The controls are the usual Tomb Raider affair. Actually, that sentence can summarise the whole game;
It’s the same game and affair as every other Tomb Raider
My Game Rating: 7 out of 10

Alone In The Dark
I’ve already done ‘First thoughts’ of this game so I’m not going to do a review of this. All I can say is I enjoyed this game and it shouldn’t of been based the way it was
My Game Rating: 8.5 or 9 out of 10


Soul Caliber 4
This game is Mediocre, It can be ‘completed’ in a few minutes and it’s just a button masher. If you’re a fan of the series, you may like it but I though it was dull. The modes are the usual fighting game crap. This game has only two or so modes; Arcade and Story. Neither are pretty good to be honest…
My Game Rating: 4 out of 10


Dynasty Warriors 6
This game bores me. It’s just a button masher. That’s it. Yea, I know Dynasty Warriors is only liked by the fans (if that makes sense) and the rest of the gaming world doesn’t get it but I still don’t like it!
There is some story but it’s text and I’d prefer to have cut scene. If your character dies, you go back to where you last save and in a full ‘game’ you can only save, like, four or five times. This can be annoying considering each match/game is over an hour….To be honest, though, I’ve not played this game THAT much….
My Game Rating: 3 out of 10


Yea, not that detailed. Not that great, But they're short reviews. Eventually i'll do proper reviews and more gameplay details

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I totally agree about Dynasty Warriors, but I think the original Halo was quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve a slap for giving Halo 3 a 6.5

    ReplyDelete