Monday, January 5, 2009

Guitar Hero World Tour (Wii)

After lugging the box from Gamestation, almost crippling my shoulder and killing an old guy, I got to play this. Having not played Rock Band I was curious to see what the drums where like. Took me a while to put them up because I thought it was quite confusing, but that's probably just me. Finally I was set up and ready to go. My first thought was, am I doing this right? It seemed I was, and the pad was just un-responsive. Then my sister comes in the room and asks me what the hell am I doing as she could here banging, like someone knocking a nail in to a wall. Yes, they are that noisey.

After a toy around with the drums, I tried the guitar. I sort of knew what to expect because I had Guitar Hero 3. The guitar has always worked and always will. The only thing I don't like is the new Touch Strip, it just doesn't feel right and kind of arkward to use, also un-responsive at times.

Another new addition to the Guitar Hero family is the microphone. I have a terrible voice so I couldn't do it that well. The dot that tracks your pitch seems to stick every now and again and gives you a low score. But again, that's probably just me unable to sing.

Overall I would reccomend this if you didn't get Rock Band or infact Guitar Hero 3. The drums are nothing special. Guitar Hero 3 is quite cheap so if you don't have anyone to play this with, I'd get that, but it's up to you.

Verdict
+ Multiplayer is good
+ Guitar works well. Always has done
- Takes up a lot of space
- Expensive
- Sometimes un-responsive

76%

No comments:

Post a Comment